THE WEAPONS AND CLIMATE OF GOG AND MAGOG
By Dr. Thomas S. McCall
Prologue: Three hundred years ago, two believers in Christ were having discussions about Bible prophecy. They were reading prophecies in the Old Testament about the restoration of Israel back to the Land in the last days. One of them said, “Could this happen literally?” His friend replied, “Of course not, all the conditions of the world are against it. The Jews are scattered all over the earth; the nations of the world would not stand for it; the Arabs would not tolerate it; it is unthinkable that such a turn of events could occur. We must interpret these prophecies allegorically. It would take more than a miracle for this to occur.”
Indeed. Now, three hundred years later, against all odds, we have lived through just such a miracle. Israel is once again a nation among the family of nations, and is in the world news almost every day. Jesus said, “Not one jot or tittle shall pass from the Law until all is fulfilled.” (Matthew 5:18) Will all the prophecies of the Word be fulfilled literally or just some of them?
I have long believed that the next great prophetic event between the Rapture of the Church and the beginning of the Tribulation will be the Gog and Magog War of Ezekiel 38-39. There may be other smaller prophetic and/or non-prophetic wars between now and then, but the focus appears to be on Gog and Magog during that time frame. The Gog and Magog War is a critical step in the divine plan of restoring all of Israel to the Promised Land, as well as the developments during the Tribulation, Armageddon and the Second Coming of Christ.
Every day it seems like the stage is being set for the events of the Gog and Magog War. For Example:
- Iran (i.e. Ancient Persia) is increasingly in the international spotlight as it moves inexorably closer to nuclear capability.
- Israel’s vulnerability from nuclear attack from Iran is causing it to ramp up its ability to mount a pre-emptive strike against the nuclear facilities in Iran.
- They are also forging an agreement with Saudi Arabia to use its airspace in case of such an attack.
- The U.S. administration and the European powers are attempting to solve the Iran problem diplomatically, but in the process they are alienating and marginalizing Israel.
- In addition, Russia is supplying Iran and much of the Middle East with military and diplomatic support.
- Israel’s discovery of vast natural gas reserves in the Leviathan field in the Mediterranean Sea and shale oil reserves under the Valley of Elah on land are making that miracle nation even more of a desirable target for Russia and the Magog alliance to attack.
What else has to happen, besides the Rapture, before the Gog and Magog War actually comes to pass?Share on Facebook